Bagno Beach

Marciana Marina

It is a small, quiet beach on the northern coast halfway between Procchio and Marciana Marina, where there was once a tuna fishery.

From the beach, the view sweeps over the Gulf of Procchio to the Enfola Peninsula. The beach has special historical value on the island of Elba because one of two tuna fisheries was located here until the 1950s-the other was on Enfola beach. The beach, consisting of gravel and gray pebbles, is 70 meters long and 10 meters wide and is bordered on the right by a nice rocky ridge suitable for diving. A quiet place, used mostly by Mariners and residents of nearby houses, quiet even in the middle of summer for those who want to relax or snorkel.

Type of beach

Pebbles

Recommended with winds of:

Sirocco Wind (SE), South Wind (S), Libeccio wind (SW), West Wind (W)

How to get there

On the provincial road from Procchio to Marciana Marina, after about 4.5 km a sign marks access to a convenient cemented path that ends with a series of steps. There is no parking, one must leave the car at one of the few places on either side of the provincial road.

Follow the navigator

By clicking on the beach icon on the map you can directly upload the route to your smartphone. Remember to turn on localization.

Facilities

Ideal for sport lovers
Ideal for families
Underwater landscape
Free beach

Pet friendly

Elba is at the forefront of animal rights. The rule stipulates that each municipality may regulate access to strands more specifically.

Explore the beach in 360°

Mines of Rio Marina

Strategic location for the large amount of hematite and limonite immediately identified by the emperor as soon as he landed on the island as a strategic-military axis.

Location: Rio Marina

Paolina Beach

The beach is named after the islet a few meters from the shore, itself named after Napoleon Bonaparte’s sister who, according to a legend (probably created by a tourism entrepreneur in the 1960s) loved to sunbathe on these rocks.

Location: Marciana

San Martino Villa

Designated as a summer residence, Napoleon purchased the property from the Manganaro family in 1814, with the intention of transforming it into a comfortable and refined abode that would have nothing to envy from Parisian residences.

Location: Località San Martino (Portoferraio)

Mulini Villa

Built in 1724 by Grand Duke Gaston de’ Medici, it was Napoleon’s city residence during his first stay on Elba Island.

Location: Portoferraio

Sanctuary of Monserrato

It was built as a sign of gratitude in 1606 by José Pons y León of the Dukes of Arcos, Spanish governor of Naples and first governor of the square of Longone (part of the state of principals). In September 1814 Napoleon, accompanied by Pons and Bertrand wanted to visit the sanctuary.

Location: Località Monserrato (Portoazzurro)

MUM Mineralogical Museum

While the Elban economy today is based on tourism, the fact remains that the people of San Piero and the west coast (Pomonte) have also lived and continue to live off their granite and marble

Location: San Piero in Campo

Port and Tower of Marciana Marina

Visit the harbor where Maria Walewska landed and the armed watchtower visited by Napoleon himself in 1814

Location: Marciana Marina