Galenzana Beach

Campo nell'Elba

Protected from the winds and featuring a crystal clear sea, it is suitable for those seeking privacy and natural surroundings.

It is the only beach facing northeast on the southern coast of Elba Island. It is developed on the western side of the Gulf of Marina di Campo, away from the crowded village beach. Erosion has divided the long sandy beach-about 400 meters-into several chunks, hemmed in by tamarisk trees that almost reach the sea. The beach, protected from winds and characterized by a crystal-clear sea with a mostly shallow seabed rich in posidonia and marine fauna, is enclosed upstream by lush Mediterranean scrub.

Type of beach

Sand

Recommended with winds of:

South Wind (S), Libeccio wind (SW), West Wind (W)

How to get there

The beach can only be reached on foot in about 20 minutes along a small path that starts from the steps at the bottom of Marina di Campo and climbs over the hill behind it. There is a concrete pier for docking small boats.

Follow the navigator

By clicking on the beach icon on the map you can directly upload the route to your smartphone. Remember to turn on localization.

Facilities

Ideal for families
Aquatic equipment rental
Free beach

Pet friendly

Elba is at the forefront of animal rights. The rule stipulates that each municipality may regulate access to strands more specifically.

Explore the beach in 360°

Mines of Rio Marina

Strategic location for the large amount of hematite and limonite immediately identified by the emperor as soon as he landed on the island as a strategic-military axis.

Location: Rio Marina

Paolina Beach

The beach is named after the islet a few meters from the shore, itself named after Napoleon Bonaparte’s sister who, according to a legend (probably created by a tourism entrepreneur in the 1960s) loved to sunbathe on these rocks.

Location: Marciana

San Martino Villa

Designated as a summer residence, Napoleon purchased the property from the Manganaro family in 1814, with the intention of transforming it into a comfortable and refined abode that would have nothing to envy from Parisian residences.

Location: Località San Martino (Portoferraio)

Mulini Villa

Built in 1724 by Grand Duke Gaston de’ Medici, it was Napoleon’s city residence during his first stay on Elba Island.

Location: Portoferraio

Sanctuary of Monserrato

It was built as a sign of gratitude in 1606 by José Pons y León of the Dukes of Arcos, Spanish governor of Naples and first governor of the square of Longone (part of the state of principals). In September 1814 Napoleon, accompanied by Pons and Bertrand wanted to visit the sanctuary.

Location: Località Monserrato (Portoazzurro)

MUM Mineralogical Museum

While the Elban economy today is based on tourism, the fact remains that the people of San Piero and the west coast (Pomonte) have also lived and continue to live off their granite and marble

Location: San Piero in Campo

Port and Tower of Marciana Marina

Visit the harbor where Maria Walewska landed and the armed watchtower visited by Napoleon himself in 1814

Location: Marciana Marina