Nisportino Beach

Rio

Nisportino Beach

The beach in the wild.

The beach is deliberately left natural with the presence of logs washed ashore by waves and the beaching of posidonia leaves. The beach is free, with the possibility of rental services, not very crowded, loved especially because it is informal and secluded. From the cove, one ascends along a small steep and sunny path to the headland beyond which one reaches Mangani Beach or Cove of Hell.

Type of beach

Sand and pebbles

Recommended with winds of:

East Wind (E), Sirocco Wind (SE)

How to get there

From Rio nell'Elba, follow the road signs for Nisporto: at the junction for Nisportino, about 5 km remain. The road climbs to the ridge where there is a widening and a viewpoint, then begins to descend toward the sea with wide sweeping curves that offer the opportunity to admire spectacular sunsets. Nisportino can also be reached from Nisporto (about 4 km) by a narrower, more winding road.

Follow the navigator

By clicking on the beach icon on the map you can directly upload the route to your smartphone. Remember to turn on localization.

Facilities

Snack bar
Ideal for families
Aquatic equipment rental
Underwater landscape
Car park
Restaurant
Free beach

Pet friendly

Elba is at the forefront of animal rights. The rule stipulates that each municipality may regulate access to strands more specifically.

Explore the beach in 360°

Mines of Rio Marina

Strategic location for the large amount of hematite and limonite immediately identified by the emperor as soon as he landed on the island as a strategic-military axis.
Location: Rio Marina

Paolina Beach

The beach is named after the islet a few meters from the shore, itself named after Napoleon Bonaparte’s sister who, according to a legend (probably created by a tourism entrepreneur in the 1960s) loved to sunbathe on these rocks.

Location: Marciana

San Martino Villa

Designated as a summer residence, Napoleon purchased the property from the Manganaro family in 1814, with the intention of transforming it into a comfortable and refined abode that would have nothing to envy from Parisian residences.

Location: Località San Martino (Portoferraio)

Mulini Villa

Built in 1724 by Grand Duke Gaston de’ Medici, it was Napoleon’s city residence during his first stay on Elba Island.

Location: Portoferraio

Sanctuary of Monserrato

It was built as a sign of gratitude in 1606 by José Pons y León of the Dukes of Arcos, Spanish governor of Naples and first governor of the square of Longone (part of the state of principals). In September 1814 Napoleon, accompanied by Pons and Bertrand wanted to visit the sanctuary.

Location: Località Monserrato (Portoazzurro)

MUM Mineralogical Museum

While the Elban economy today is based on tourism, the fact remains that the people of San Piero and the west coast (Pomonte) have also lived and continue to live off their granite and marble

Location: San Piero in Campo

Port and Tower of Marciana Marina

Visit the harbor where Maria Walewska landed and the armed watchtower visited by Napoleon himself in 1814

Location: Marciana Marina