This itinerary starts from the main town on the island. On the first day, after disembarking from the ferry in Portoferraio, your vacation can start:
The Western Ring of Elba Island is the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo. But to call it simply a "road" is reductive. It takes just under two hours to travel the Western Ring by car. A route full of naturalistic and scenic treasures all to be admired, such as:
Better arm yourself with hiking boots because the most beautiful spots may require some walking. A word of advice: stop to eat in the small restaurants in the towns you will find along the way, obviously preferring seafood dishes.
The first two days were dedicated to hiking and nature. The third day of this trip will be dedicated to culture. In particular, it will be dedicated to retracing the footsteps of one of Elba's most distinguished honored citizens: Napoleon.
Strategic location for the large amount of hematite and limonite immediately identified by the emperor as soon as he landed on the island as a strategic-military axis.
The beach is named after the islet a few meters from the shore, itself named after Napoleon Bonaparte’s sister who, according to a legend (probably created by a tourism entrepreneur in the 1960s) loved to sunbathe on these rocks.
Designated as a summer residence, Napoleon purchased the property from the Manganaro family in 1814, with the intention of transforming it into a comfortable and refined abode that would have nothing to envy from Parisian residences.
Built in 1724 by Grand Duke Gaston de’ Medici, it was Napoleon’s city residence during his first stay on Elba Island.
It was built as a sign of gratitude in 1606 by José Pons y León of the Dukes of Arcos, Spanish governor of Naples and first governor of the square of Longone (part of the state of principals). In September 1814 Napoleon, accompanied by Pons and Bertrand wanted to visit the sanctuary.
While the Elban economy today is based on tourism, the fact remains that the people of San Piero and the west coast (Pomonte) have also lived and continue to live off their granite and marble
Visit the harbor where Maria Walewska landed and the armed watchtower visited by Napoleon himself in 1814