Search
Search
storia

Villa San Martino

Portoferraio

Villa San Martino

The journey on the trail of the emperor to the island of Elba can only begin from this place. Neoclassical architecture, refined villa, and now a museum surrounded by greenery collecting Napoleonic memorabilia

Need to know

Shortly after his landing on the island, Napoleon purchased a number of properties , including a rustic country house with the intention of transforming it into a comfortable and refined home. In 1856, the villa was purchased by the Russian nobleman Anatolio Demidoff, a great art collector who planned to build a museum to house the many Napoleonic relics he had collected and commissioned the construction of a gallery that still bears his name.
villa-san-martino-900x500

Where it is located

Localita, Via di S. Martino, 57037 Portoferraio LI

Contacts